What Causes Colic?
Colic’s exact cause is unknown, and that’s why there’s not a clear way to help it. Some theories of what’s behind it include:
- A developing digestive system with muscles that often spasm and cause cramps
- Abdominal Gas
- Hormones that cause stomach pain or a fussy mood
- Overstimulation by light, noise, activities etc.
- A sensitive baby
- A Developing nervous system
How can we help you!
- Flotation can assist your colic baby:
- Movement through the water has a positive effect on the digestive and circulatory System which alleviates cramps and Spasms.
- Muscle and skeletal strength is increased through the gentle resistance of the water.
- Heated water aids in relaxation and spasm release.
- Infant Massage will help your Baby with Colic:
o Assists with relieving Gas
o Increases movement and circulation
o Helps with Constipation